Scottish Borders council is currently run by a coalition of the Conservatives and Independent Alliance.
According to the 2020 Hands Up survey 52.9% of children in the Scottish Borders walked to school in 2020, 2.6% cycled and 2.2% scooted or skated. According to the 2021 Cycling Scotland annual monitoring report 8.2% of employees usually or regularly cycle to work and 22% of households have no access to a car. The council’s active travel budget for 2019/20 was £190,834 (capital), which works out as a total of £1.65 per person. It does not appear to have an active travel strategy.
Local groups: CTC Lothians and Borders (Cycling UK member group).
2022 local election
Parties standing (in alphabetical order)
- Alba: Facebook
- Scottish Conservative & Unionist: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Eco-Federalist Party: Facebook
- Scottish Family Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- Scottish Greens: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Labour: Facebook
- Scottish Liberal Democrats: Website ~ Facebook
- SNP: Website (Tweeddale) ~ Facebook: Scottish Borders / Central Borders / Tweeddale ~ Twitter: Berwickshire / Tweeddale
- Vanguard Party: Facebook
Endorsements of our three asks:
- No parties or candidates have supported our three asks yet.