West Dunbartonshire council is currently run by a minority SNP coalition with an independent councillor.
According to the 2020 Hands Up survey 37.6% of children in West Dunbartonshire walked to school in 2020, 1.7% cycled and 1% scooted or skated. According to the 2021 Cycling Scotland annual monitoring report 3.2% of employees usually or regularly cycle to work and 33% of households have no access to a car. The council’s active travel budget for 2019/20 was £51,545.80 (capital), which works out as a total of £0.58 per person. It has just finished consulting on a draft Active and Sustainable Travel Strategy and Action Plan.
Local groups: Go Bike.
2022 local election
Parties standing (in alphabetical order)
- Alba: Facebook
- Scottish Conservative & Unionist: Facebook
- Scottish Family Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- Scottish Greens: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Labour: Website ~ Facebook West Dunbartonshire / Clydebank and Milngavie
- Scottish Libertarian Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- Scottish Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- SNP: Facebook
- Sovereignty Party: Website ~ Facebook (national party accounts)
- West Dunbartonshire Community Party: Facebook ~ Twitter
Endorsements of our three asks:
- No parties or candidates have supported our three asks yet.