Update! We’ll be adding presentations and other media to this page as we get them from our speakers so even if you missed attending, or if you would like a copy, they will be available
Get fired up to campaign for active travel with our free training day! Join Suzanne and Sally and some brilliant campaigners in Glasgow on Saturday the 5th March for a day of inspiration and practical tools to help you take action. Whether you’re already a long-standing campaigner, or just considering getting involved and not sure where to start, there should be something to suit you among our short workshops which include:
- The evidence for cycling – presentation from Bruce Whyte of the Glasgow Centre for Population Health
- Making the most of social media
- Sustainable safety: designing streets the Dutch way – view presentation
- Battling backlash: lessons from London’s Mini Holland campaigns – view Clare’s blog summarising her presenatation
- Creative campaigning (a ripping yarn…) – download notes
- Running an infrastructure safari
- Campaigning in pictures: using film and photography
- Act local: starting a local campaign – download notes
- Media skills
As well as practical information there will be ample opportunities to meet fellow campaigners, swap tips and ideas, forge alliances and come away fired up to make your campaigning count.
The day is free, although we would appreciate donations to cover the cost of lunch and the venue and you will need to book (which you can do through Eventbrite).