Argyll and Bute council is currently run by a coalition of Independent, Conservative and Lib Dem councillors.
According to the 2020 Hands Up survey 34.5% of children in Argyll and Bute walked to school in 2020, 2% cycled and 1.3% scooted or skated. According to the 2021 Cycling Scotland annual monitoring report 2.3% of employees usually or regularly cycle to work and 22% of households have no access to a car. The council’s active travel budget for 2019/20 was £2,058,409.79 (capital) and £115,766.14 (revenue), which works out as a total of £25.32 per person. It does not appear to have an active travel strategy but in 2012 produced an active travel plan.
2022 local election
Parties standing (in alphabetical order)
- Alba: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national accounts)
- Independence for Scotland Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national accounts)
- Scottish Conservative & Unionist: Website ~ Facebook
- Scottish Family Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- Scottish Greens: Facebook
- Scottish Labour: Website ~ Facebook
- Scottish Liberal Democrats: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national accounts)
- SNP: Facebook
Endorsements of our three asks:
- No parties or candidates have supported our three asks yet.