Clackmannanshire council is currently run by a minority SNP administration
According to the 2020 Hands Up survey 52.8% of children in Clackmannanshire walked to school in 2020, 7.1% cycled and 6% scooted or skated. According to the 2021 Cycling Scotland annual monitoring report 3.2% of employees usually or regularly cycle to work and 23% of households have no access to a car. The council’s active travel budget for 2019/20 was £893,000 (capital) and £32,000 (revenue), which works out as a total of £17.95 per person. It does not appear to have an active travel strategy.
2022 local election
Parties standing (in alphabetical order)
- Alba: Facebook / Twitter
- Scottish Conservative & Unionist: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Greens: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Labour: Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Liberal Democrats: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- SNP: Facebook ~ Twitter SNP Clacks Clacks North
Endorsements of our three asks:
- Brian Quinn, Green candidate for Clackmannanshire South responded: I fully support this..
- Alba Clackmannanshire responded “Both ALBA candidates in Clackmannanshire, Eva Comrie and Matthew Reilly, are happy to endorse”