Dundee City council is currently run by the SNP.
According to the 2020 Hands Up survey 48% of children in Dundee walked to school in 2020, 3.2% cycled and 2% scooted or skated. According to the 2021 Cycling Scotland annual monitoring report 4.3% of employees usually or regularly cycle to work and 39% of households have no access to a car. The council’s active travel budget for 2019/20 was £780,061 (capital) and £100,000 (revenue), which works out as a total of £5.89 per person. It published a Cycle Strategy in 2019.
2022 local election
Parties standing (in alphabetical order)
- Alba: Facebook ~ Twitter
- Independence for Scotland Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national accounts)
- Scottish Conservative & Unionist: Website ~ Facebook
- Scottish Family Party: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- Scottish Greens: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Labour: Facebook ~ Twitter
- Scottish Liberal Democrats: Website ~ Twitter
- Scottish Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter (national party accounts)
- SNP: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
- Sovereignty Party: Website ~ Facebook (national party accounts)
Endorsements of our three asks:
- Dundee Greens have supported all three of our asks.
- Brooke Labagh, Independence for Scotland Party candidate for West End ward responded: “Thrilled to endorse all three asks along with all ISP candidates .”
- Lynne Short, SNP candidate for Mayfield responded “As @theSNP candidate for the Maryfield Ward, I believe in the aims of @walkwheelcycle. My colleague @Dundeeson & I took time out to highlight on street bikes in our Ward & as members of the IJB know the benefits of #ActiveTravel. A healthier, greener, fairer Scotland is Premier!”
- Fraser Macpherson, Scottish Liberal Democrat candidate for West End responded “As @scotlibdems councillor and candidate for the West End Ward of Dundee City Council, I fully support the aims @walkwheelcycle. We need to refashion our streets to make active travel – walking, wheeling and cycling – possible for everyone”